SWMI is seeking for missionaries to work among the Deaf in several different countries. But we are not looking for just any kind of person. Missionary work demands special qualities. What kind of person are we looking for?
1) People of Character – SWMI needs men and women who have Christ-like character. That means they must demonstrate the character of Christ in their daily lives.
2) People of Burden – SWMI seeks those who have a burden for lost souls worldwide, specifically for lost Deaf souls. The Deaf around the world need to know about Jesus!
3) People of Vision – SWMI wants to work with people who have a vision for what God can do with them among the Deaf in a foreign country.
4) People of Passion – SWMI requires that a missionary be one who has an excitement and zeal for reaching the Deaf and teaching God’s Word to them.
5) People of Compassion – SWMI works with those who love people and show charity and mercy to them.
6) People of Faith – SWMI needs people who have learned to trust God in the USA so that they will know how to trust God in a foreign country.
7) People of Faithfulness – SWMI seeks people who have been faithful to God, family, church, and friends.
8) People of Humility – SWMI needs someone who is not proud, someone who can work well with others and knows how to submit to authority.
9) People of Patience – SWMI knows that the work with the Deaf overseas can take a lot of time. One must be willing to plant diligently, water the seed constantly, and then wait for the harvest patiently.
10) People of Wisdom – SWMI wants laborers who are wise and discerning in their communication, activities, associations, and ministries.
All of these qualities are necessary to the ministry. It is not easy to work with the Deaf. It is not easy to work internationally where one must learn a foreign culture and usually a foreign language. Character is important. It is not easy to raise support on deputation. It is not easy to start a church or a deaf ministry. Character is required. It is not easy to work with foreign governments. It is not always easy to work with nationals either. All of the qualities listed above are vital to serving God!
Has God equipped you to be an international missionary to the Deaf?